What is HS Labs HMB Powder
HS Labs HMB Powder provides a pure calcium salt form of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB). HMB is a natural metabolite of the essential branched-chain amino acid L-leucine. HMB is quickly becoming one of the most popular (and effective) supplements for enhancing athletic performance.
The amount of HMB the body produces through L-leucine metabolism isn’t significant enough to produce ergogenic effects. Thus, supplementing with HMB is necessary to reap the benefits of this revolutionary sports supplement.
Benefits of HMB Powder
HMB is rapidly becoming the sports supplement of choice for athletes, bodybuilders, and gym-goers due to recent research showing it can increase strength, power, recovery, and lean mass gains when taken after resistance training.1 Further evidence suggests that HMB can benefit athletes and fitness enthusiasts by preventing muscle loss associated with caloric restriction and exhaustive aerobic exercise.2
HMB appears to have both anabolic and anti-catabolic properties modulated through via mTOR and ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathways, respectively.3
Furthermore, taking HMB in conjunction with creatine monohydrate has been shown to augment the ergogenic benefits of both supplements.4 This is a promising finding given that creatine monohydrate is revered as the single most effective sports supplement known to man.
Thus, supplementing with HS Labs HMB Powder and HS Labs Creatine Powder can help you maximize your energy output during intense training and help you reach the next level.
Research and human clinical trials suggest that HMB may provide several performance-enhancing benefits, including:
- Accelerating muscular growth and recovery
- Improving high-intensity exercise performance
- Increasing anaerobic power and strength
- Preventing muscle tissue loss during periods of calorie restriction
- Amplifying the effects of creatine monohydrate
What Makes HS Labs HMB Powder the Best?
Several types of HMB are available, but calcium HMB is the optimal form, which makes HS Labs HMB Powder the superior choice.
HS Labs HMB Powder is 100% pure and made in a cGMP-certified facility. Our high-quality HMB contains no added fillers or preservatives, plus it’s unflavored and mixes easily in water or juice.
Dissolve 3 grams (roughly ½ scoop) of HS Labs HMB Powder in 100-150 ml of juice or water and consume after physical exercise. Do not consume more than one serving (3 g) per day. On days you don’t exercise/workout, consume 3 g of HMB powder in the morning shortly after waking up.
1. Nissen, S. and Sharp, R. (2002) ‘Effect of Dietary Supplements on Lean Mass and Strength Gains with Resistance Exercise: A Meta-Analysis’, Journal of Applied Physiology (Bethesda, Md. : 1985)., 94(2), 651-659.
2. Wilson, J.M., Fitschen, P.J., Campbell, B., Wilson, G.J., Zanchi, N., Taylor, L., Wilborn, C., Kalman, D.S., Stout, J.R., Hoffman, J.R., Ziegenfuss, T.N., Lopez, H.L., Kreider, R.B., Smith-Ryan, A.E. and Antonio, J. (2013) ‘International Society of Sports Nutrition Position Stand: Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate (HMB)’, Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 10(1), 6.
3. Wilson, G. J., Wilson, J. M., & Manninen, A. H. (2008). Effects of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) on exercise performance and body composition across varying levels of age, sex, and training experience: A review. Nutrition & metabolism, 5(1), 1.
4. Jówko, E., Ostaszewski, P., Jank, M., Sacharuk, J., Zieniewicz, A., Wilczak, J. and Nissen, S. (2001) ‘Creatine and beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) additively increase lean body mass and muscle strength during a weight-training program’, Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif.), 17, 558-66.