What is Oats & Whey?
HS Labs Oats & Whey is a delicious high-quality complex carbohydrate + protein powder featuring wholegrain oat flour along with three high-quality protein sources, including whey protein concentrate, milk protein, and egg white protein. Oats & Whey is ideal for bodybuilders, athletes, gym-goers, and anyone who wants an easy source of quality slow-digesting carbohydrates and complete protein that mixes easily in a shaker cup or blender.
Oats & Whey is also very low in fat and sugar, plus it’s free from aspartame and acesulfame-K. The premium protein sources and nutritious oats in Oats & Whey work synergistically to replenish muscle glycogen and boost muscle growth. Even better, Oats & Whey provides lasting energy to get you through the day and keep you satisfied for hours on end.
If you are looking to pack on lean muscle and fuel your body with the quality nutrients it needs to grow and recover, then HS Labs Oats & Whey is for you!
Oats & Whey comes in three decadent flavors:
Benefits of Oats & Whey
HS Labs Oats & Whey Benefits include:
- Rich source of essential amino acids that help optimize muscle building
- Easy-to-digest, high-quality source of complex carbohydrates that provide lasting energy
- Replenishes muscle glycogen and enhance recovery4
- Stimulates a greater anabolic response when taken after intense exercise5
- Inhibits muscle catabolism (protein breakdown)6
- Provides an ample 30+ grams of protein and 14+ grams of carbs per serving
- Contains minimal sugar and fat
HS Labs formulated Oats & Whey to be a high-quality source of nutritious complex carbohydrates and optimal muscle-building protein sources. If you’re an athlete, gym-goer, or anyone else who struggles to meet their nutrient demands through whole foods, HS Labs Oats & Whey makes it easier than ever to feed your muscles the nutrients they need to grow and rebuild.
Contemporary research has shown that consuming carbohydrates and protein in tandem results in a greater muscle protein synthesis response than when consuming just protein or just carbohydrates.1 In other words, protein and carbs have a synergistic effect on muscle building. Furthermore, research corroborates that consuming a whey protein + carbohydrate supplement after intense training produces an amplified muscle protein synthesis response when compared to a carbohydrate-only supplement.2 This is where many gym-goers and athletes fall short, as they consume a carbohydrate (sports) beverage before and after training but forget to include a high-quality protein source that provides the necessary building blocks (i.e. amino acids) of muscle tissue.
This is why we created Oats & Whey - an ultra-premium whole food supplement containing three complete sources protein and wholegrain oats. With less than 2 grams of sugar per serving, Oats & Whey won’t make your blood sugar or insulin levels spike through the roof like many meal replacement powders do.
Oats & Whey features whey protein concentrate, milk protein, and egg white protein to ensure your body can optimally utilize the amino acids for packing on more muscle.
What Makes HS Labs Oats & Whey the Best Protein + Carb Supplement?
HS Labs Oats & Whey is the most delicious and protein + carb powder on the market, featuring muscle-building nutrients and an ample amount of protein to ensure you maximize muscle protein synthesis.
HS Labs Oats & Whey is produced in a cGMP facility using state-of-the-art filtration methods that yield highly purified whey proteins and an unrivaled blend of slow-digesting oat flour. We also made sure to omit sweeteners like aspartame and acesulfame-K while keeping the overall sugar and fat content very low.
Oats & Whey mixes easily in a blender or in a shaker cup. You can also add it directly to foods like oatmeal and yogurt for an easy and delicious nutrient boost! Not to mention Oats & Whey tastes absolutely delicious in water or milk. You will look forward to drinking this every day!
Oats & Whey is designed for most everyone who wants to fuel their body with quality complex carbohydrates and protein. People who can benefit from Oats & Whey my include:
- “Hardgainers” who want to pack on lean muscle
- Active gym-goers who want a convenient and nutritious source of protein and quality carbohydrates
- Anyone looking for a delicious complex carbohydrate + protein powder to assist muscle growth
- Competitive athletes that want to build more muscle
- Bodybuilders and physique competitors
Since intense exercise and training rapidly depletes muscle glycogen, we recommend consuming one serving (4 scoops) of Oats & Whey before and after working out. You may also consume it throughout the day as a meal replacement or in-between meals to help meet your calorie needs.
- Lemon, P. W. (2000). Beyond the zone: protein needs of active individuals. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 19(sup5), 513S-521S.
- Tang, J. E., Manolakos, J. J., Kujbida, G. W., Lysecki, P. J., Moore, D. R., & Phillips, S. M. (2007). Minimal whey protein with carbohydrate stimulates muscle protein synthesis following resistance exercise in trained young men. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 32(6), 1132-1138.
- Katsanos, C. S., Kobayashi, H., Sheffield-Moore, M., Aarsland, A., & Wolfe, R. R. (2006). A high proportion of leucine is required for optimal stimulation of the rate of muscle protein synthesis by essential amino acids in the elderly. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism,291(2), E381-E387.
- Van Loon, L. J., Saris, W. H., Kruijshoop, M., & Wagenmakers, A. J. (2000). Maximizing postexercise muscle glycogen synthesis: carbohydrate supplementation and the application of amino acid or protein hydrolysate mixtures–. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 72(1), 106-111.
- Reidy PT, Walker DK, Dickinson JM, Gundermann DM, Drummond MJ, Timmerman KL, Fry CS, Borack MS, Cope MB, Mukherjea R, Jennings K, Volpi E, Rasmussen BB. Protein blend ingestion following resistance exercise promotes human muscle protein synthesis. J Nutr. 2013. Apr;143(4):410-6
- Rodriguez NR, Vislocky LM, Gaine PC. Dietary protein, endurance exercise, and human skeletal-muscle protein turnover. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2007 Jan;10(1):40-8