What is HS Labs Glutamine?
HS Labs Glutamine Powder is a potent single-ingredient formula providing pure L-Glutamine. L-Glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid, meaning your body needs more of it during periods of stress and/or exhaustive exercise. In fact, research suggests that vigorous exercise can deplete L-glutamine levels in the blood significantly for up to six hours, making it a prudent supplement for athletes and active individuals.1
Glutamine plays a variety of roles in the human body and is particularly important for keeping the immune system and gastrointestinal (GI) tract healthy.
Benefits of L-Glutamine
L-Glutamine is the single most abundant amino acid in the human body, found in many tissues. It is a necessary precursor of two key neurotransmitters: Gamma-aminobutyric acid (also referred to simply as GABA) and glutamate.
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein; they are imperative for repairing/building tissue, especially in muscles, bones, hair, skin, and nails. They also play a part in the function of glands, organs, tendons, and blood vessels.
While glutamine is necessary for protein synthesis and maintaining a positive nitrogen balance, it is not typically a rate-limiting factor like branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are. We recommend HS Labs BCAA supplements for muscle building purposes.
The majority of glutamine benefits occur in the gut and immune system, working to support intestinal cell integrity and promote leukocyte growth and proliferation.2 Moreover, depleted L-glutamine levels induced by intense exercise (or stress) can contribute to suppression of the immune system.3 When the immune system is compromised, performance and longevity can suffer.
Thus, supplementing with HS Labs Glutamine Powder can help:
- Reduce fatigue and decrease muscle soreness during and after exercise
- Promote a healthy gut and assist digestion
- Enhance immune function
- Support glycogen and protein synthesis
What Makes HS Labs Glutamine the Best?
HS Labs Glutamine Powder is 100% pure and is made in a GMP certified facility. Our high-quality Glutamine contains no added fillers or preservatives. HS Labs Glutamine Powder is unflavored and easy to mix.
Based on research, 5 g to 10 g of L-glutamine taken during/after training and with meals is adequate.
1. Keast, D., Arstein, D., Harper, W., Fry, R. W., & Morton, A. R. (1995). Depression of plasma glutamine concentration after exercise stress and its possible influence on the immune system. The Medical journal of Australia, 162(1), 15-18.
2. Elia, M., & Lunn, P. G. (1997). The use of glutamine in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders in man. Nutrition, 13(7), 743-747.
3. Calder, P. C., & Yaqoob, P. (1999). Glutamine and the immune system. Amino acids, 17(3), 227-241.