What is HS Labs Zinc?
HS Labs Zinc is a potent zinc supplement providing 15 mg of elemental zinc (from zinc picolinate). Zinc picolinate is an organic form of zinc that is gentle on the stomach and highly bioavailable, making it superior to inorganic forms like zinc oxide.1
Zinc is an essential trace mineral for humans, commonly serving as a component of metalloenzymes that have ubiquitous properties throughout the body. Zinc is especially crucial for a healthy digestive system, immune system, nervous system, and endocrine system (specifically in men).2
Benefits of Zinc Supplementation
Zinc has a multitude of benefits, working to fortify the integrity of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, modulate gene expression, protect cell membranes, support immune function, increase testosterone levels, and a variety of other biological processes.2
Data suggests that only 1 in every 3 adults meet their daily needs of zinc through diet alone, making a high percentage of the population zinc-deficient.3 Zinc deficiency is a major risk factor for several health consequences, notably immunosuppression and hormonal imbalance. In severe cases, zinc deficiency can lead to motor function impairment, osteoporosis, low testosterone, erectile dysfunction, GI/digestive complications, and neurodegenerative diseases.
As such, taking a zinc supplement can help people meet their daily needs of this important mineral.
Zinc is mostly involved with gut and endocrine function, which consequently makes it important for immunity as well. It is well-documented in scientific research to support both the integrity and selective permeability of the intestinal wall.4 Therefore, zinc aids the detoxification process while blocking noxious chemicals from passing into the bloodstream.
Furthermore, research continually demonstrates that zinc supplementation supports healthy testosterone levels and sperm counts/fertility in adult males.5
As such, supplementing with HS Labs Zinc may help:
- Support healthy immune function
- Promote healthy testosterone levels and fertility (sperm count) in adult men
- Encourage toxin removal from the body
- Fortify the GI tract
- Reduce muscular fatigue
Quality Advantages of HS Labs Zinc
This product is made in a cGMP-certified facility in the EU using highly bioavailable zinc picolinate. Each tablet provides 15 mg of elemental zinc to help you meet your daily needs of this crucial mineral.
As a dietary supplement, take one tablet of HS Labs Zinc daily, preferably after a meal. Do not exceed one capsule per day. Do not take if you’re pregnant, nursing, or under 18 years of age.
1. Hopkins, R. (2014). Zinc supplementation: Identifying superior forms and essential cofactors. Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society, 20(1), 73.
2. Maathuis, F. J. (2009). Physiological functions of mineral macronutrients. Current opinion in plant biology, 12(3), 250-258.
3. Livingstone, C. (2015). Zinc: physiology, deficiency, and parenteral nutrition. Nutrition in Clinical Practice, 30(3), 371-382.
4. Roy, S. K., Behrens, R. H., Haider, R., Akramuzzaman, S. M., Mahalanabis, D., Wahed, M. A., & Tomkins, A. M. (1992). Impact of zinc supplementation on intestinal permeability in Bangladeshi children with acute diarrhoea and persistent diarrhoea syndrome. Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition, 15(3), 289-296.
5. Kothari, R. P., & Chaudhari, A. R. (2016). Zinc levels in seminal fluid in infertile males and its relation with serum free testosterone. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR, 10(5), CC05.