What is HS Labs CLA Green Tea L-Carnitine?
HS Labs CLA Green Tea L-Carnitine tablets are a dynamic evidence-based fat-loss solution for those who want to reap the many benefits of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), green tea leaf extract, and L-carnitine. These three ingredients are effective for increasing thermogenesis, antioxidant status, muscle recovery, and immune function. Best of all, you can readily stack HS Labs CLA Green Tea L-Carnitine tablets with virtually any pre-workout or thermogenic supplement for a synergistic effect since this formula doesn’t contain large amounts of stimulants.
Benefits of CLA Green Tea L-Carnitine
Green tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf extract is one of the best sources of antioxidant polyphenols, especially catechins. One particularly beneficial catechin in green tea leaves is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which works to block the activity of catechol-O-methyl transferase.1 Consequently, EGCG helps promote the actions of catecholamines such as dopamine and adrenaline, thereby supporting energy and fat loss. Further evidence has shown that EGCG is a potent antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic polyphenol, which explains why green tea holds such high acclaim in many cultures for its longevity benefits.2
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a unique type of unsaturated fatty acid that actually appears to increase lean body mass and reduce fat mass, even in those who are already exceptionally lean.3 CLA helps promote fat loss by interfering with lipoprotein lipase (LPL) enzyme activity, which in turn prevents fat storage and encourages body fat to be used for energy. increase lean body mass and it has other health benefits in the body including acting as an antioxidant.4
L-Carnitine is a naturally occurring quaternary ammonium compound that the body requires for transporting fats across the membrane of mitochondria where they are subsequently oxidized (“burned) for energy. Hence, supplementing with carnitine is thought to promote fat loss since it essentially helps your body actually make use of both dietary fat and body fat.5 Further evidence suggests that L-carnitine may enhance endurance and recovery during exercise.6
How Much CLA Green Tea L-Carnitine Should I Take for Fat Loss?
We recommend starting with 1-2 tablets of CLA Green Tea L-Carnitine taken before breakfast and again in the afternoon (or about 30 minutes before your workout). Every tablet of HS Labs CLA Green Tea L-Carnitine contains 300 mg of CLA, 200 mg of Green Tea leaf extract (with 50% polyphenol content), and 138 mg of L-Carnitine to help promote fat loss and longevity!
1. Hill, A. M., Coates, A. M., Buckley, J. D., Ross, R., Thielecke, F., & Howe, P. R. (2007). Can EGCG reduce abdominal fat in obese subjects?. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 26(4), 396S-402S.
2. Shankar, S., Ganapathy, S., Hingorani, S. R., & Srivastava, R. K. (2007). EGCG inhibits growth, invasion, angiogenesis, and metastasis of pancreatic cancer. Frontiers in bioscience: a journal and virtual library, 13, 440-452.
3. Thom, E., Wadstein, J., & Gudmundsen, O. (2001). Conjugated linoleic acid reduces body fat in healthy exercising humans. Journal of International Medical Research, 29(5), 392-396.
4. Gaullier, J. M., Halse, J., Høye, K., Kristiansen, K., Fagertun, H., Vik, H., & Gudmundsen, O. (2004). Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation for 1 y reduces body fat mass in healthy overweight humans. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 79(6), 1118-1125.
5. Center, S. A., Warner, K. L., Randolph, J. F., Sunvold, G. D., & Vickers, J. R. (2012). Influence of dietary supplementation with L-carnitine on metabolic rate, fatty acid oxidation, body condition, and weight loss in overweight cats. American journal of veterinary research, 73(7), 1002-1015.
6. Barnett, C., Costill, D. L., Vukovich, M. D., Cole, K. J., Goodpaster, B. H., Trappe, S. W., & Fink, W. J. (1994). Effect of L-carnitine supplementation on muscle and blood camitine content and lactate accumulation during high-intensity sprint cycling. International journal of sport nutrition, 4(3), 280-288.