What is HS Labs Ubiquinone?
HS Labs Ubiquinone contains 100 mg of pure Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) per serving. CoQ10 typically exists in two forms: ubiquinone and ubiquinol, the latter of which is the fully reduced, bioactive version of CoQ10.
Findings thus far show that CoQ10 is crucial for:
- Promoting healthy cardiovascular and immune function
- Supporting tissues throughout the body, including epithelial, connective, and nervous tissues
- Enhancing blood flow and nitric oxide (NO) production
- Boosting energy (ATP) production in the heart and skeletal muscles
- Improving blood lipid profiles
Supplementing with CoQ10 is the most practical way to reap the benefits of this key molecule. In fact, one study found that just two weeks of CoQ10 supplementation at a dose of 150 mg/day resulted in a 5-fold increase of plasma ubiquinol levels in healthy adult males.1
Benefits of Ubiquinone
Ubiquinone is an antioxidant and particularly crucial for supporting energy production in mitochondria, as well as many other benefits. Mitochondria are cellular organelles that act as the “powerhouse” of cells. CoQ10 helps these organelles efficiently carry out their role in producing ATP - the energy currency of cells.
Thus, supplementing with HS Labs Ubiquinone can help you maximize your energy output while you train.
Moreover, research indicates that low levels of CoQ10 are associated with several cardiovascular and energy-related cell disturbances.2 As an integral part of the electron transport chain (which takes place in mitochondria), CoQ10 assists in the synthesis of ATP. As part of that process, CoQ10 converts between ubiquinone and biologically-active ubiquinol while acting as an antioxidant and effectively “trapping” free radicals.
Research has also demonstrated that CoQ10 promotes proper blood flow throughout the cardiovascular system by preserving the activity of nitric oxide - a molecule that expands blood vessels.*3 Proper blood flow is imperative for cells to help the body produce energy as blood carries oxygen and nutrients, as well as remove waste products.
What Makes HS Labs Ubiquinone the Best?
HS Labs Ubiquinone provides 100% pure CoQ10 made in a GMP certified facility. Our high-quality Ubiquinone contains no added fillers or preservatives.
1. Schmelzer, C., Niklowitz, P., Okun, J. G., Haas, D., Menke, T., & Döring, F. (2011). Ubiquinol‐induced gene expression signatures are translated into altered parameters of erythropoiesis and reduced low density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in humans. IUBMB life, 63(1), 42-48.
2. Angelini, C. (2014). Coenzyme Q10 Deficiency. In Genetic Neuromuscular Disorders (pp. 247-250). Springer International Publishing.
3. Moncada, S. R. M. J., Palmer, R. M. L., & Higgs, E. (1991). Nitric oxide: physiology, pathophysiology, and pharmacology. Pharmacological reviews, 43(2), 109-142.