What is HS Labs Magnesium Complex?
HS Labs Magnesium Complex is a potent mineral supplement featuring multiple forms of bioavailable magnesium, including magnesium carbonate, magnesium citrate, and magnesium lactate. Each serving of Magnesium Complex provides 250 mg of elemental magnesium to help you meet your daily magnesium requirements. Magnesium is a ubiquitous mineral (it’s at the core of the chlorophyll molecule) that plays a myriad of roles throughout virtually every body system (especially the digestive system, cardiovascular system, nervous system, and endocrine system).1
Current evidence suggests that as few as 30% of the adult population meets the recommended daily intake (RDI) of magnesium.2 This is likely due to the typical Western diet lacking vegetables and nuts/legumes, which are generally the best food sources of magnesium.
Taking Magnesium Complex in conjunction with a balanced diet can help ensure you get enough magnesium on a daily basis.
Benefits of HS Labs Magnesium Complex
Magnesium is an essential mineral (meaning it must be consumed as part of the diet) and commonly functions as a cofactor in biological processes. The multitude of roles that magnesium plays in the human body include:
- Supporting cardiovascular function
- Necessary for muscular contraction
- Promotes bone health
- Neurotransmitter balance
- Stress response and mood
- Balancing blood sugar levels
For example, magnesium is necessary for helping your body properly absorb and utilize both calcium and vitamin D3, both of which are key for overall wellness and a multitude of physiological processes, particularly bone mineralization, muscle function, and cardiovascular health.3
Furthermore, recent clinical evidence suggests that low magnesium levels in the body are strongly associated with anxiety and panic disorders, presumably via dysregulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis which is responsible for producing stress hormones such as cortisol and epinephrine.4,5
Benefits of supplementing with HS Labs Magnesium Complex may include:
- Promotes healthy muscle function
- Regulates bone mineral density
- Supports healthy cardiovascular function
- Reduces stress and improve mood
- Balances blood sugar levels
HS Labs Magnesium Complex can also help reduce the likelihood of magnesium deficiency. Not consuming adequate magnesium can bring about a range of health ramifications, such as muscular weakness and impairment in motor function, dehydration, low testosterone, erectile dysfunction, GI complications, constipation, and increased risk of neurodegenerative disease.
The HS Labs Quality Difference
This product is made in a GMP-certified facility in the EU using highly bioavailable forms of magnesium in powder form. Each container provides 100 one-gram servings of magnesium, each of which contains 250 mg of elemental magnesium.
As a dietary supplement, consume 1 g of Magnesium Complex per day, preferably with a meal. Do not exceed 1 g per day.
1. Maathuis, F. J. (2009). Physiological functions of mineral macronutrients. Current opinion in plant biology, 12(3), 250-258.
2. “Lack Energy? Maybe It's Your Magnesium Level". United States Department of Agriculture. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
3. Zofkova, I., & Kancheva, R. L. (1995). The relationship between magnesium and calciotropic hormones. Magnesium research, 8(1), 77-84.
4. Sartori, S. B., Whittle, N., Hetzenauer, A., & Singewald, N. (2012). Magnesium deficiency induces anxiety and HPA axis dysregulation: modulation by therapeutic drug treatment. Neuropharmacology, 62(1), 304-312.
5. Golf, S. W., Happel, O., Graef, V., & Seim, K. E. (1984). Plasma aldosterone, cortisol and electrolyte concentrations in physical exercise after magnesium supplementation. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, 22(11), 717-722.